I’ve been wanting to explore the gardens at Filoli for a while now. So, when Jourdan asked if I was available for an engagement session and she wanted to meet at Filoli I was excited. This beautiful estate is located in Woodside, California and covers 16 acres of gorgeous gardens.
Photographing an engagement session at Filoli is a photographer’s dream because of the diversity in landscapes all in one place.
If you are a photographer or interested in having your photos taken here, check Filoli’s photography policy for the most up to date guidelines.
In short, here is what you need to know:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. Adults tickets are $28.
- Large Photo Equipment is not permitted (reflectors, flashes, or lights).
- No props (flower bouquets or balloons).
- Outfit changes are not permitted.
- No wedding photos allowed. (For example, you can’t take pictures here after your wedding). *We were stopped because my couple looked like they had just been married, however, they explained they loved dressing up and I assured the docent we were there only for an engagement session.
Interested in a Photos at Filoli?